Friday 29 March 2013

R.I.P Richard Griffiths

Richard Griffiths 1947-2013
Rest In Peace Richard Griffiths. He was and still is one of Britain's best talents, performing on both stage and screen. I know he'll be missed  and greatly remembered as he was unique. There will be many a casting director who will say "Richard Griffiths would be perfect for that part" and be stuck! There is simply no one like him. Whenever I watched him in a film or on TV he would be the star presence of the screen. He had the talent of making you feel as though you knew him when you didn't, you were friends with him when you weren't, and like you could call him up for a chat as if you had known him all your life.
For anyone who doesn't know me, I'm a pretty huge Harry Potter fan, so yes, for me and many other people Uncle Vernon has passed - hence the twitter trend #RaiseyourwandforRichardGriffiths
However, I have not missed out on his acting talent in such films as The History Boys, Sleepy Hollow, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Ballet Shoes and of course, Withnail & I. All of which are on my long list of amazing films. (I'm not lying - I really do have one!) Annoyingly, I was only Two when Pie in the Sky ended.
I'm sure he was a pleasure to work with, as actor and co-star on stage and screen, Daniel Radcliffe said "any room he walked into was made twice as funny and twice as clever...I'm Proud to say I knew him" I wish I could say the same.
I noticed on Twitter today a couple of people tweeting along the lines of "R.I.P Richard Griffiths. I must watch some of his stuff now!" I'm glad his work is being all the more appreciated, however I wish it was so before he passed. Its a shame it has taken the worst to happen for some people to watch his craft.
He was always destined to go down in acting history and he definitely will. No One will forget you Richard, I'll make sure of it. x

No comments:

Post a Comment